Sunday, October 2, 2011

the day after my birthday!

Ok, my birthday wasn't as exciting as i thought it would be. I've put on a brave face, but I'm just going to say it here. I was disappointed. Hubby kept letting me think he had something big planned. He didn't. So I had kinda gotten my hopes up, and then nothing happened. And this is the first year my mom hasn't made me a cake...in my whole life. She told me about a month ago she would make me a dinosaur cake, but it didn't happen this year. Which is ok. But hubby should have never led me on. Now I feel guilty for being let-down. This sucks. You know what we did for my birthday?! We cleaned the living room. (Btw, I was really proud of my girls for helping so much!) Hubby did take me out to eat, and so we went to a local place that was really good. Then we all came home to find his parents waiting for us. They gave me a really pretty bouquet of wildflowers. Then we went to the bar to shoot pool (and got our asses stomped). That's it. The whole night. What fun. Then today, my mom came over and gave me a book for my present (which I'm going to start reading in a few), which was cool. But hubby had promised me birthday sex and brownies. Did I get either? NO! Maybe I shouldn't bitch. But it hurts my feelings. I know we are on a tight budget. But things don't have to be expensive to be special. I had no money for hubby's birthday back in April (which is the same day as Ariah's). But I decorated the living room. Mom made him (them) his (their) cake(s). I couldn't buy much, but I got stuff for him I thought he'd enjoy. Guess what I got. A pedometer (because I started walking. But that tells me he thinks I need to walk.). And headphones for the ipod, because that's what I listen to when I walk. And a shaper for my pool cue. And a sweater/light jacket, which I really do like. And a sweet card. It's not the stuff I got that upsets me. It's just that he led me to believe he was going all out, and he didn't even make an effort to make it special in any way. It was literally just another day. So I'm a little bit disappointed. Should I be? Or am I asking for too much, and being spoiled? I don't want to be ungrateful. But it just made me sad.

Anyway, hubby is taking tomorrow off as a vacation day. So I guess we'll spend the whole day together. Hopefully it will be a good day. Now, on to read my new book.

No comments:

Post a Comment